Thursday, August 23, 2007

Mehmet Kavukçu


Mehmet Kavukçu, originally uploaded by louise makes stuff.

How cool is this! This is the work of the Turkish artist Mehmet Kavukçu in Eski Kilise /Zafer Meydanı, Çanakkale. The building is in fact a church in the gypsy area. This installation was part of the Troia Festival. The Arts projects were curated by Denizhan Özer and Seyhan Boztepe, under the title Borderline. I have uploaded my photos to Flickr.

Mehmet also made an installation on 2004 in the cistern in Istanbul. I found a photograph of it on the web - it looks amazing. Mehmet is based in Erzurum.

1 comment:

Emre Kızılkaya said...

Thank you for your comment and compliment that you left on my blog.

And I was lucky to catch the Basilica Cistern exhibition of Mehmet Kavukcu. It was very interesting.