Saturday, September 01, 2007

Turkish coffee and lemon juice


I had no end of recommendations for my Ankara bellyache from my Turkish friends, including mixing a spoonful of Turkish coffee with lemon juice and eaten or taken like a pill. Apparently you will go to the toilet once more and after that you will be fine. I was also told that taking yogurt with a spoonful of tea mixed into it will do the trick.

By the time I was given this advice I was already on the mend after drinking coke and eating pro-biotic yogurts. Honestly it worked!

However take a look at the Turkish Culture portal if you want to find out more - medicinal remedies come under the folk knowledge section. For eczema the patient is advised to eat hedgehog meat, which apparently is good for epilepsy too. ummmhh!

1 comment:

Paula Apodaca said...

Wow! Hedgehog meat may be the next Wonder Cure!
Who knew!!!
Thanks for the mention and keep writing!
Cordially,
Paula Apodaca
E. is for Epilepsy by Paula Apodaca
http://www.epilepsy-paula.blogspot.com